Thursday, December 12, 2019

Singing out to help our farmers

Images and stories of the terrible plight of our Australian farmers has galvanised one group of community singers to do something positive to help,...

I will love you ‘fur-ever’

My name is Nixon but you can call me Mummy’s boy … or Daddy’s boy. What? I can love them both! I’m a 12-week-old...

Hunter Knit-In – enhancing lives

Lake Macquarie City Art Gallery, in partnership with Wrap with Love Inc., is proud to host the 26th Hunter Knit-In on Friday, August 10....

Bus nightmare continues says Wallsend MP

Driving appears a better option than catching a bus in the Wallsend area, according to Sonia Hornery, State Member for Wallsend. Keolis Downer commenced a...

Repairs neglected at Belmont TAFE says Swansea MP

Member for Swansea, Yasmin Catley has slammed the Liberal National Government over its persistent failure to invest in infrastructure to support students at Belmont...

Local practice receives national award of accreditation

Lake Macquarie and Newcastle increased their community health credentials today when Lake Road Medical Centre, at Elermore Vale,  received a national award of accreditation,...

Sadie celebrates her 100th birthday

Sadie Williams celebrated her 100th birthday yesterday with family, residents and staff at Waterview Aged Care facility in Teralba; a lifetime filled with joy,...

New playground put to the test

Bolton Point Park playground was put to the test by eager locals yesterday when it opened to the public for the first time. The playground...

Walking the Walk on Waste

War on Waste presenter Craig Reucassel will headline this year’s Living Smart Festival in a coup for the landmark event. The founding member of satirical...

New rules for under 16 cyclists

Children are encouraged to get back on their bikes after the NSW Government introduced new rules to allow all children under 16 years old...
- Advertisement -

News