Council’s next meeting will take place tonight Monday 27th May, from 6.30pm. You can stream the meeting live at webcast.lakemac.com.au.
Some of the items listed for discussion include:
March review of the 2018/2019 Operational Plan and Budget
Council will consider a report detailing a review of the Operational Plan and Budget, and a summary of Council’s achievements at the end of 31 March 2019.
Policy review – Code of Meeting Practice
Council will consider adopting the draft Code of Meeting Practice. The amended Code will further streamline the way meetings are conducted, minimise confusion for members of the community and ensure Council meets its statutory obligations.
Telecommunications facility and upgrade works – Wyee
Council will consider approving a development application for a telecommunications facility and upgrade works to an existing track at 155 Wyee Farms Road, Wyee.
2019 NAIDOC Grants
Council will consider approving $14,550 in funding for events for 2019 NAIDOC Week. The events include:
- Eastlakes NAIDOC Family Fun Day at Pelican Foreshore
- Westlakes NAIDOC Family Fun Day at Toronto Foreshore
- Mitji Ngwali – Little Waves at Lake Macquarie Fair Shopping Centre
- NAIDOC Week Indigenous Rugby Round
- Various school events and programs
Council will consider providing more than $4,000 in Community Event Funding to the following community events:
- Caves Beach Surf Life Saving Club – NSW Inflatable Rescue Boat Premiership Round 4
- Lake Macquarie Games, Golf and Ricochet Croquet 3 day event