Lake Macquarie Environmental Sustainability Grants
Council approved funding for the following Environmental Sustainability Grants:
- Hunter Wildlife Rescue, Anybody home? Nesting boxes for wildlife – $2500
- Terra Australia Cultural Endeavours, Newcastle Waldorf School Bush Food and Bush Craft Gardens – $2099
- International Erosion Control Association, Get flocced workshop and demonstration – $2500
- St Mary’s Catholic College, St Mary’s Green Cafe and Cafeteria – $2655
- Coal Point Public School P&C Association, Native Pollinators Garden Sanctuaries – $3000
Short-term rental accommodation
Council approved the use of short-term rental accommodation for 180 days a year where a host is not present, to support tourism and the local economy by providing a variety of accommodation options in Lake Macquarie.
Mayor of Lake Macquarie, Councillor Kay Fraser said: “Lake Macquarie has an active tourism industry, with approximately one million overnight stays recorded annually. Short-term rental accommodation is a key part of this, generating tourism revenue and creating jobs with flow-on benefits for local businesses.”
September review of the 2018/2019 Operational Plan and Budget
Council endorsed a report providing a summary of Council’s achievements for the first three months of the 2018-2019 financial year.
Mayor of Lake Macquarie, Councillor Kay Fraser said: “Ninety-five percent of Council’s Operational Plan actions for the year are on track, or achieved, with Council’s projected budget position also on track. The result is a step in the right direction to achieve our community’s vision for Lake Macquarie.”
Adoption of webcasting of Council meetings policy
Council adopted the Webcasting of Council Meetings policy. Council is committed to open and accountable government and encourages community participation in the business of council, and the webcasting of meetings supports these principles.
Community event funding – November allocation
Council approved community event funding for the Valentine Carols in the Park event on Saturday, December 8, 2018.