The Hunter’s most prestigious safety awards are now open for submissions from local organisations who go above and beyond in Work Health and Safety.
Launched in 2015 by local safety consultant, Sarah-Jane Dunford, the Hunter Safety Awards recognise local businesses and individuals that have integrated work, health and safety as part of their core business.
Now in its fourth year, the Hunter Safety Awards are calling for nominations from companies and individuals within the Hunter region who are demonstrating best-practice and innovative approaches when it comes to workplace health and safety.
There are twelve main award categories for next year’s awards night, eleven of which are open for submissions. This includes a new category this year – Best Health and Wellbeing Program. Organisations and individuals may apply for more than one category, providing they meet the requirements of each category.
Sarah-Jane said she is thrilled to bring back the awards and welcome AGL as the major sponsor for a second year.
Hunter-based organisations and individuals are urged to enter the awards and receive recognition for the innovative and important role that WHS plays in their business.
Categories for the Hunter Safety Awards 2019 are as follows:
- WHS Business of the Year – sponsored by AGL
- WHS Champion of the Year – sponsored by University of Newcastle
- Young WHS Leader of the Year – sponsored by uvex
- Most Innovative WHS Idea (Large organisation) – sponsored by WesTrac
- Most Innovative WHS Idea (SME) – sponsored by 3M
- Best WHS Management System (Large organisation) – sponsored by Red Insight
- Best WHS Management System (SME) – sponsored by MRS Services Group
- Best WHS Improvement (Large organisation) – sponsored by Sonic HealthPlus
- Best WHS Improvement (SME) – sponored by Jason Reading Landscapes
- Best Health & Wellbeing Program – sponsored by ACI Global
- WHS Student of the Year – sponsored by AGL
- Best WHS Training Course – sponsored by Programmed Skilled Workforce
To download a submission pack, please visit www.huntersafetyawards.com.au