Due to the heavy rain falling in the Lake Macquarie City Council region a number of roads across Lake Macquarie have been closed and others have been affected by the deluge.
The following roads have been closed:
- King Street, Warners Bay adjacent to Warners Bay High School
- Oakdale Road, Gateshead
- Pacific Highway, Gateshead, northbound direction
- Weir Road, Barnsley
- Kalaroo Road, Redhead
Water over the road is reported in the following locations:
- Bareki Road, Croudace Bay near Thomas H Halton Park
- Main Road, Cardiff near Cardiff Toyota
- Main Road, Edgeworth, near Impala Street
- Creek Reserve Road, Boolaroo
- John Street, Warners Bay
- William Street, Teralba at corner of York Street
- Appletree Road, Barnsley
- Main Road Edgeworth, near McDonalds
- Five Islands Road at Booragul roundabout
All Lake Mac Swim Centres are closed due to the current wet weather conditions. The centres will remain closed until 8am on Thursday, March 22, with normal swim programs expected to resume at that time. All affected members will receive a credit.
All Lake Macquarie beaches are closed due to dangerous surf conditions. Lifeguard service advises the community to avoid all coastline areas.
The Bureau of Meteorology has issued a severe thunderstorm alert and warned that flash flooding is likely.
Never drive through floodwater and stay off the roads unless absolutely necessary.
To stay up to date with road closures and storm safety information, visit lakemac.com.au.